Jake Gyllenhaal can pack a punch in the first trailer for Southpaw, a boxing film directed by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, Shooter). Gyllenhaal plays a boxing champion whose violent behavior has grave consequences for his family.
Rachel McAdams, 50 Cent, Rita Ora and Forest Whitaker co-star in the film. The trailer also features a new song from Eminem. The film arrives in theaters July 31.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.