Jake Gyllenhaal can pack a punch in the first trailer for Southpaw, a boxing film directed by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, Shooter). Gyllenhaal plays a boxing champion whose violent behavior has grave consequences for his family.
Rachel McAdams, 50 Cent, Rita Ora and Forest Whitaker co-star in the film. The trailer also features a new song from Eminem. The film arrives in theaters July 31.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time