A woman in Western Australia was denied bail on Wednesday after being charged with assaulting a police officer — with her breast milk.
Erica Leeder, 26, was being strip-searched on Tuesday after being arrested on an unspecified charge when the incident occurred, the West Australian newspaper reported.
Leeder was naked from the waist up when she allegedly grabbed her own breast and squirted milk onto the face, arms and clothes of the female officer patting her down.
The Western Australia Police Union said Tuesday’s incident was being billed as an assault because of the possibility of disease transfer through breast milk.
Leeder, who has a previous conviction of assault against a police officer, will remain in custody until next Tuesday and has been ordered to undergo a mental-health examination.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022