A woman in Western Australia was denied bail on Wednesday after being charged with assaulting a police officer — with her breast milk.
Erica Leeder, 26, was being strip-searched on Tuesday after being arrested on an unspecified charge when the incident occurred, the West Australian newspaper reported.
Leeder was naked from the waist up when she allegedly grabbed her own breast and squirted milk onto the face, arms and clothes of the female officer patting her down.
The Western Australia Police Union said Tuesday’s incident was being billed as an assault because of the possibility of disease transfer through breast milk.
Leeder, who has a previous conviction of assault against a police officer, will remain in custody until next Tuesday and has been ordered to undergo a mental-health examination.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time