Members of Congress including House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi came together to read mean tweets about themselves on video to promote Wednesday’s 2015 Radio & Television Correspondents Association Dinner.
Spoiler alert: Fake tans were discussed.
“Um… @NancyPelosi looks like a tub of orange sherbert right now on CSPAN,” Pelosi read one, before ad-libbing: “Was I standing too close to John Boehner?”
The video then cuts to Boehner reading a tweet stating that he “Looks like an angry Oompa Loopa. I presume he bribes his constituents with promises of chocolate and Gobstoppers.”
The twitterverse can be so cruel. Luckily Boehner was able to keep it together:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time