The director of this year’s biggest Hollywood release Fifty Shades of Grey announced on Wednesday that she will not be directing the film’s sequels. The move is thought to be because of reported creative differences with E.L. James, the author of the erotic novel on which the movie is based.
“While I will not be returning to direct the sequels, I wish nothing but success to whosoever takes on the exciting challenges of films two and three,” director Sam Taylor-Johnson said in a statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie, starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, has earned a total of $558.6 million worldwide so far.
THR reports that screenwriter Kelly Marcel will also probably not be involved in the sequel, and the film’s producers will most likely assemble a new creative team for the next installment of the trilogy.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World