The Daily Pennsylvanian, the University of Pennsylvania’s student newspaper, has fooled Harry Potter fans with a joke article announcing that actress Emma Watson (who plays Hermione in the hit film series) will study English at Penn’s graduate school.
The newspaper publishes an annual joke issue in the weeks leading up to April Fools’ Day.
Jane Austen fans and students in the English department knew the story was too good to be true when the article quoted an English professor named “Catherine Bennet,” while true Brits and Anglophiles raised their eyebrows at the name “Kingsley Pennyton.”
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022