Aspiring comedians with Saturday Night Live dreams, heed the advice of Kevin Hart: don’t impersonate somebody nobody really knows. That’s what the Get Hard and The Wedding Ringer star told Conan O’Brien about his failed audition, where he tried to impress head SNL honcho Lorne Michaels with an impression of athlete-turned-NBA-commentator Avery Johnson.
“He didn’t say he didn’t know who that was, but I could definitely tell he didn’t know,” Hart says of Michaels’ reaction. “I know you can’t believe it because of my success now, but if you had seen this tape, you would understand why I didn’t get it.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time