His character Don Draper, is famous for his demons, and it turns out Jon Hamm has been battling his own, too.
The Mad Men star recently completed a 30-day stint in a treatment center for alcohol abuse, PEOPLE confirms.
“With the support of his longtime partner Jennifer Westfeldt, Jon Hamm recently completed treatment for his struggle with alcohol addiction. They have asked for privacy and sensitivity going forward,” his rep said in a statement.
In an interview with PEOPLE last year, the actor, 44, opened up about avoiding the pitfalls of Hollywood.
“There were a couple years I was living on $5000, [so] that’s a pretty effective way to avoid that,” he said about barely having enough money to pay rent, let alone indulge in a partying lifestyle.
“I was never into the club scene. I have a couple friends who run clubs and they’ll call and say come out! And I’ll go and say, ‘Oh yeah, I forgot I don’t like this. I feel like everybody’s uncle or grandfather. I’m too old.'”
—With reporting by Aili Nahas
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time