His character Don Draper, is famous for his demons, and it turns out Jon Hamm has been battling his own, too.
The Mad Men star recently completed a 30-day stint in a treatment center for alcohol abuse, PEOPLE confirms.
“With the support of his longtime partner Jennifer Westfeldt, Jon Hamm recently completed treatment for his struggle with alcohol addiction. They have asked for privacy and sensitivity going forward,” his rep said in a statement.
In an interview with PEOPLE last year, the actor, 44, opened up about avoiding the pitfalls of Hollywood.
“There were a couple years I was living on $5000, [so] that’s a pretty effective way to avoid that,” he said about barely having enough money to pay rent, let alone indulge in a partying lifestyle.
“I was never into the club scene. I have a couple friends who run clubs and they’ll call and say come out! And I’ll go and say, ‘Oh yeah, I forgot I don’t like this. I feel like everybody’s uncle or grandfather. I’m too old.'”
—With reporting by Aili Nahas
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This