Bradley Cooper could be helming the Warner Bros remake of A Star Is Born.
The movie is based on a 1937 film that starred Janet Gaynor, who played a young actress in Hollywood with dreams of making it big. Frederic March played an older alcoholic actor who helped her launch her career.
American Sniper star Cooper is also set to produce the film alongside Jon Peters, Basil Iwanyk and Bill Gerber, says the Hollywood Reporter.
Warner Bros. have been working on a remake of A Star Is Born for a while and initially considered Beyoncé as the favorite to take the female lead. She may now be re-approached, Deadline Hollywood reports, while Cooper could play the male lead himself.
There have been two previous remakes of of A Star Is Born, one in 1954, starring Judy Garland and James Mason, and another in 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms