Bradley Cooper could be helming the Warner Bros remake of A Star Is Born.
The movie is based on a 1937 film that starred Janet Gaynor, who played a young actress in Hollywood with dreams of making it big. Frederic March played an older alcoholic actor who helped her launch her career.
American Sniper star Cooper is also set to produce the film alongside Jon Peters, Basil Iwanyk and Bill Gerber, says the Hollywood Reporter.
Warner Bros. have been working on a remake of A Star Is Born for a while and initially considered Beyoncé as the favorite to take the female lead. She may now be re-approached, Deadline Hollywood reports, while Cooper could play the male lead himself.
There have been two previous remakes of of A Star Is Born, one in 1954, starring Judy Garland and James Mason, and another in 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization