On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Monday night, the late-night host interviewed the young woman who became a meme over the weekend when a Jumbotron caught her crying while playing the piccolo after NC State defeated Villanova in the March Madness tournament.
“My dad was at the game, and I didn’t want him to see me crying, but then it turned into, like, everyone saw me crying,” Roxanne Chalifoux said, prompting Fallon to burst out laughing.
But the point of the segment was not only to laugh at Chalifoux, but also to let her play the piccolo with the Roots and give her a goodie bag of ice cream for her dorm and two tickets to Taylor Swift’s world tour (which Fallon claimed was a gift from the pop star herself).
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time