Despite behind-the-scenes interest in a standalone Mystique spin-off, Jennifer Lawrence says the upcoming X-Men movie will be her last.
Lawrence, who took over the character previously played by Rebecca Romijn in 2011’s X-Men: First Class, told MTV News that X-Men: Apocalypse “is her last one, actually” at the premiere of Serena. The newest film in the franchise, which comes out in 2016, is a sequel to 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past and will complete the trilogy of the latest X-Men films, according to writer and producer Simon Kinberg.
Lawrence could be moving on to bigger things, but she might just have had enough of spending hours and hours getting painted blue every day. Watch the clip below of Lawrence and her Serena co-star Bradley Cooper:
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk