Little League World Series star Mo’ne Davis asked Bloomsburg University to reinstate baseball player Joey Casselberry, who was dismissed from the team after writing an offensive tweet about the 13-year-old girl on Friday.
Davis and her coach, Alex Rice, emailed Bloomsburg president David L. Soltz to ask for Casselberry’s reinstatement, TMZ first reported. A spokesman from the school told BuzzFeed News that although it was impressed by Davis’ request, it was standing by its decision to dismiss Casselberry.
Davis also appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter to discuss the incident and her willingness to forgive Casselberry’s offenive remark.
In the tweet, which was written on Friday and later deleted, Casselberry called Davis a disparaging name and also insulted the accomplishments of her team, Taney Youth Baseball Association of Philadelphia, in the 2014 Little League World Series.
This article originally appeared on SI.com.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now