The power dynamics between Game of Thrones readers and watchers will soon shift.
The HBO show’s creators have revealed that the series will end before the books do—something fans have been aware of for some time given George R. R. Martin’s writing pace — and will follow the same plot. In other words, the show will be full of book spoilers.
Show runner Davide Benioff told Oxford Union:
(h/t: Vanity Fair)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism