We already knew she could give Mariah Carey a run for her money when it comes to vocal gymnastics, but Ariana Grande showed that she can also channel another diva when she appeared on The Tonight Show on Friday.
The “Love Me Harder” singer, who was making her first appearance as a talk show guest (as opposed to a musical performer), nailed an impression of Céline Dion when Jimmy Fallon asked her to join him in an impromptu duet – she even got the French accent and heart-pounding hand gestures down.
Earlier in the show Grande, 21, joined Fallon for another installment of his “Ew!” sketch and the former “Sam & Cat” star showed that she still knows how to get in touch with her inner teen.
But those weren’t her only impressive feats. Grande, who is learning Japanese, also tried to teach Fallon some simple phrases, and one not-so-simple one. “It means the space between my high sock and my skirt is very sexy,” she explained, prompting Fallon to crack up.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time