The online-betting site Ladbrokes organized a corgi race to encourage people to bet on the name of the next royal baby, due in April.
In the ad, 10 dogs are wearing pieces of fabric with popular suggested names for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s second child. Gamblers are also betting on the sex of the baby.
The corgi sporting the name Alexandra won the race. But while Ladbrokes hopes people will watch the video and then go online and bet on that name, we’re pretty confident dog lovers are only watching this video to see corgis frolicking and rolling around in the grass.
However, it remains to be seen whether this video will cause a surge in people betting on when corgis will become extinct.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow