The online-betting site Ladbrokes organized a corgi race to encourage people to bet on the name of the next royal baby, due in April.
In the ad, 10 dogs are wearing pieces of fabric with popular suggested names for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s second child. Gamblers are also betting on the sex of the baby.
The corgi sporting the name Alexandra won the race. But while Ladbrokes hopes people will watch the video and then go online and bet on that name, we’re pretty confident dog lovers are only watching this video to see corgis frolicking and rolling around in the grass.
However, it remains to be seen whether this video will cause a surge in people betting on when corgis will become extinct.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma