A Seattle man who was accidentally copied on an email chain about a Philadelphia bachelor party is going anyway.
Joey DiJulio of Seattle got the first email from these people he didn’t know on Feb. 11. After a few weeks of messages about Jeff Minetti’s bachelor party in Philadelphia at the end of the month, he replied, explaining that they mixed him up with someone else. That started a whole new email chain, with Minetti’s friends saying he should totally come anyway, and the groom confirming, adding that DiJulio should come to the wedding, too.
According to Q13 FOX’s play-by-play of this saga, DiJulio set up a GoFundMe page “Random Bachelor Party” earlier this week to raise $1276 to fund the trip and surpassed the goal within 24 hours. Now he is raising money to go toward the couple’s honeymoon.
This comment on DiJulio’s crowd-funding site seems to sum up the overwhelming turnout for this unusual cause: “Strangers really are just friends we haven’t met yet.”
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022