A Seattle man who was accidentally copied on an email chain about a Philadelphia bachelor party is going anyway.
Joey DiJulio of Seattle got the first email from these people he didn’t know on Feb. 11. After a few weeks of messages about Jeff Minetti’s bachelor party in Philadelphia at the end of the month, he replied, explaining that they mixed him up with someone else. That started a whole new email chain, with Minetti’s friends saying he should totally come anyway, and the groom confirming, adding that DiJulio should come to the wedding, too.
According to Q13 FOX’s play-by-play of this saga, DiJulio set up a GoFundMe page “Random Bachelor Party” earlier this week to raise $1276 to fund the trip and surpassed the goal within 24 hours. Now he is raising money to go toward the couple’s honeymoon.
This comment on DiJulio’s crowd-funding site seems to sum up the overwhelming turnout for this unusual cause: “Strangers really are just friends we haven’t met yet.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy