The body of a missing Wall Street Journal reporter has been found in the Passaic River, more than a year after his disappearance.
David Bird left his home in January 2014 wearing a red jacket, the New York Times reports. He told his wife he was going for a walk in the woods near their home in Long Hill Township, N.J. He never came home, and had been considered a missing person ever since.
Two canoers in the Passaic River saw a red jacket caught up in some branches on Wednesday evening and called the police. Authorities were able to identify Bird by his dental records.
An investigation into the cause of death is underway.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org