Miley Cyrus has written a letter to Andrew Cuomo asking the New York governor to include $4.75 million in funding for homeless youth in the state’s budget.
The singer, whose Happy Hippie Foundation advocates for young people without homes, asked the governor and the leaders of the state’s assembly and senate to back a request by a state senator to allocate the money for 1,000 new beds, which she says are badly needed.
“Between 2009 and 2012,” Cyrus writes, “the number of kids turned away from homeless youth shelters in New York grew from 570 to more than 5,000.”
Cyrus posted the letter on Instagram for fans to read:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time