A second suspect turned himself over to Charlotte, N.C., authorities Thursday in connection with the killing of former America’s Next Top Model contestant Mirjana Puhar and others.
Officials confirmed that David Lopez had been charged with three counts of first-degree murder, according to USA Today. The 19-year-old Puhar was found dead in an apartment in Charlotte in February along with her boyfriend Jonathan Alvarado and Jusmar Gonzaga-Garcia.
Lopez is the second suspect to be hit with charges, after Emmanuel Jesus Rangel was arrested late last month. Police have suggested that the motive may be drug related.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart