Robert Durst had a latex mask, a fake ID and $42,000 cash — mostly in $100 bills packed in small envelopes — in his room at the New Orleans hotel where he was arrested over the weekend, authorities revealed on Wednesday.
The disclosures came in an affidavit filed by Houston police on Tuesday — and made public Wednesday — as they sought a warrant to search Durst’s home there.
Durst, an heir to one of New York City’s most powerful real-estate empires, was arrested on Saturday and charged with the 2000 murder of his former spokeswoman, Susan Berman.
The arrest came a day before HBO…
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023