Robert Durst had a latex mask, a fake ID and $42,000 cash — mostly in $100 bills packed in small envelopes — in his room at the New Orleans hotel where he was arrested over the weekend, authorities revealed on Wednesday.
The disclosures came in an affidavit filed by Houston police on Tuesday — and made public Wednesday — as they sought a warrant to search Durst’s home there.
Durst, an heir to one of New York City’s most powerful real-estate empires, was arrested on Saturday and charged with the 2000 murder of his former spokeswoman, Susan Berman.
The arrest came a day before HBO…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow