C-SPAN got pranked.
The network’s Washington Journal show was taking calls from viewers on Wednesday about their opinions on how much influence Congress should have in Iran negotiations, when a caller came on eager not to share his views, but to cannily quote the theme song of the former TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
“I just want to make it clear first of all I’m calling from Bel-Air, California,” the prankster starts. “But I am originally from Philadelphia, specifically West Philadelphia.”
The prank isn’t exactly new, but it’s funny every time. Every time someone else falls for it, at least.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve