On Tuesday, Today show hosts Matt Lauer and Kathie Lee Gifford shared a Twizzler Lady and the Tramp style to raise awareness and funding for autism. This is a new phenomenon called the Twizzler Challenge.
A few other celebrities have already gotten on board with this new viral stunt. The latest stars? Girls actresses Lena Dunham and Allison Williams. Dunham shared the clip of their Twizzler Challenge — which ended in a smooch and then Dunham’s confession that she has a cold — on Instagram Wednesday:
It’s too early to say if this will become as huge as the Ice Bucket Challenge, which raised tons of money for ALS research. But Dunham nominated several other celebrities — including Broad City stars and creators Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer — so it could soon take off.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time