“Equality, innovation, honesty and advancement… are all words we choose from a list,” a lulling voice says to upbeat — inspiring, even! — music all over an occasionally confusing stream of stock photos: Scientists with beakers, rushing cars, a woodpecker in a rainforest somewhere.
What is this video and why does it feel so familiar? It is an amalgamation of every single generic brand video that you’ve ever seen, regardless of what it’s for. It’s every awful advertising trend in under three minutes.
The pitch-perfect parody was created by stock video footage Dissolve, using a script written by Kendra Esh in an equally brilliant McSweeney’s piece.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time