Mary-Kate and Nasty? DJ Underwire? Cheese Wiz Khalifa? Jimmy Kimmel managed to trick a bunch of people into professing their love and appreciation for those artists — even though they are entirely fictional.
For his latest “Lie Witness News” segment, Kimmel sent his team to Austin for the South by Southwest music festival to ask people for their opinions about everyone from Vlad and the Putins (which should actually be a real artist) to DJ Cialis (which should not be.)
It’s pretty incredible to see how gullible these festival-goers are — and how willing they are to lie just so they seem cool. Sure, they could just be acting, but we really want to believe they’re all just total liars.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time