Mary-Kate and Nasty? DJ Underwire? Cheese Wiz Khalifa? Jimmy Kimmel managed to trick a bunch of people into professing their love and appreciation for those artists — even though they are entirely fictional.
For his latest “Lie Witness News” segment, Kimmel sent his team to Austin for the South by Southwest music festival to ask people for their opinions about everyone from Vlad and the Putins (which should actually be a real artist) to DJ Cialis (which should not be.)
It’s pretty incredible to see how gullible these festival-goers are — and how willing they are to lie just so they seem cool. Sure, they could just be acting, but we really want to believe they’re all just total liars.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow