Shailene Woodley is known for her very organic approaches to diet and beauty, so when the actress stopped by The Late Showon Monday night, host David Letterman couldn’t help but ask her about her unique health tips. The Insurgent star has previously talked about why she eats clay, and further elaborated it on it during her visit.
Woodley, who assured that she’s not eating a ball of Play-Doh, explained that consuming a teaspoon of clay “helps your body rid of … heavy metals.” Watch as Woodley tries to ease Letterman’s concerns about the “binding” that comes with eating clay in the clip below:
The actress also chatted about the benefits of making and eating bone broth, as well as her thoughts on the current Paleo diet movement. Watch it here:
Read next: Charcoal Juice Is Now a Thing
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow