Will Ferrell has a whole lot of testosterone in his house.
The funnyman, 47, admitted that raising three boys under one roof can sometimes lead to playing drill sergeant.
“What happens with three boys is you end up barking out orders like, ‘Upstairs now!’ ‘Brush teeth!’ ‘Lights out!’ ” the Anchorman star explains. “There is so much chaos you can’t really take the time to articulate.”
Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.
Ferrell is father to sons Axel, 5, Mattias, 8, and Magnus, 11, with wife Viveca Paulin, 45, to whom he has been married since 2000. Despite the hectic household, the comedian admits he rarely feels like a bad-cop dad.
“Those rare moments where I lose my temper and I really become a dad, I often think, ‘Oh, if anyone was a fly on the wall, they’d be like, “Will Ferrell is not a funny father! He’s way too strict,” ‘ ” he jokes.
— With additional reporting by Aili Nahas
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow