Emma Thompson and Kevin Kline have joined the cast of Disney’s Emma Watson-starring, live-action Beauty and the Beast. Thompson will play Mrs. Potts, voiced by Angela Lansbury in the original animated film, while Kline will play Maurice, Belle’s father. And, yes, there will be singing, so Thompson best start practicing her “tale as old as time.”
According to Disney, the movie will feature the 1991 movie’s original songs, which were written by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, and new songs written by Menken and Tim Rice. (Ashman died before the original movie was released.) Songs written by Menken and Rice, which didn’t appear in the movie, were featured in the Broadway production of the show.
The movie is due out March 17, 2017, and will be released in 3D. Per Disney, a mix of CG and live-action will be used.
Disney also confirmed that Dan Stevens will play the Beast while Luke Evans will take on the obnoxious Gaston.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve