During a Q&A at the premiere of Ryan Gosling’s latest film Lost River at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, a woman posed a very important question, not to the panelists, but to her girlfriend.
Around the 11:45 mark in the video above, a woman in the audience says, “I think your film was amazing, and I’m going to kinda take away for a second if I can, and ask my girlfriend of 11 years if she’ll marry me.”
Gosling’s face lit up. He asked, “Do you want the mic?” and hurried across the stage to hand it over.
The woman said she was inspired to pop the question right then and there because she was so moved that her girlfriend moved to Austin for her.
After the girlfriend said yes, she said,”Sorry, thank you!” Then The Notebook actor led the audience in another round of applause.
Celebrities Who Look Uncannily Alike
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org