A New York City man died while rescuing his dog from a freezing lake, according to a report.
Garvin Brown, 34, was walking his dog near the Naples, N.Y. home he and his fiancee had rented, about 40 miles from Rochester, N.Y., about 1 a.m. Sunday when the pup fell through the ice on a pond, the Associated Press reports.
Brown went after his dog and also crashed through the ice. He drowned when he was unable to get out of the cold water.
According to the AP, the dog survived.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time