Whether or not consumers flock to the Apple Watch will largely depend on what the smartwatch can actually do — and much of that will depend on third-party Apple Watch apps.
One of the most interesting of these Apple Watch apps yet is InterContinental Hotels Group’s IHG Translator App. The app, which is already out for iOS and Android devices, will allow travelers to speak English directly into the Apple Watch (or choose pre-selected phrases) for translation into 13 different languages. The app will be out on the day of the Apple Watch’s release, IHG says.
Translations will appear on the device’s screen with the help of phonetic spelling. However, the app’s voice-to-voice translation feature—available on mobile devices—won’t be available on Apple Watch yet.
The Apple Watch will be released on April 24.
Here's What the Newest Apple Watch Apps Look Like and Can Do
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com