Whether or not consumers flock to the Apple Watch will largely depend on what the smartwatch can actually do — and much of that will depend on third-party Apple Watch apps.
One of the most interesting of these Apple Watch apps yet is InterContinental Hotels Group’s IHG Translator App. The app, which is already out for iOS and Android devices, will allow travelers to speak English directly into the Apple Watch (or choose pre-selected phrases) for translation into 13 different languages. The app will be out on the day of the Apple Watch’s release, IHG says.
Translations will appear on the device’s screen with the help of phonetic spelling. However, the app’s voice-to-voice translation feature—available on mobile devices—won’t be available on Apple Watch yet.
The Apple Watch will be released on April 24.
Read next: This Could Be Apple’s Secret Apple Watch Strategy
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction