Celebrities have joined in the condemnation of fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana — honchos of Italian fashion house Dolce & Gabbana — who drew the ire of Elton John Saturday when they declared gay adoption unnatural and deemed children born via IVF “synthetic children.”
The 67-year-old “Candle in the Wind” singer immediately took to Instagram to demand: “How dare you refer to my beautiful children as “synthetic?” and warning “I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana.”
Now, celebrities from Ricky Martin to Courtney Love are echoing John’s sentiment, referring to the luxury designers’ views as outdated and promising to dispose of the brand-name products:
Amid the backlash, Stefano Gabbana issued a press statement Sunday saying “It was never our intention to judge other people’s choices. We do believe in freedom and love.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow