Transgender teen Jazz Jennings is the face of skincare company Clean & Clear’s new “See The Real Me” advertising campaign.
“Growing up has been quite a struggle, being transgender… I basically kept to myself,” Jennings says in the ad. “But this year I decided to make a change and put myself out there and make new friends.”
Clean & Clear says the campaign is about “girls having the courage to show who they really are, and what makes them unique.” The company wants others to share their own stories on social media, using the hashtag #SeeTheRealMe.
“The real me is happy and proud to be who I am, and I’m just having fun being one of the girls,” Jennings says.
Read next: The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms