A preview clip released Thursday for an upcoming episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show shows Michelle Obama and the comedian dancing to “Uptown Funk,” the Mark Ronson song featuring Bruno Mars that has become a very popular tune to spoof on the Internet. The dance party starts at the 3:13 mark in the clip above.
In fact, the First Lady was so excited to start dancing that her mic fell off. “Is it going to stay? Because there is some hip-thrusting, so. There’s a lot of it, so…”
The dance-off was prompted by Obama’s “#GimmeFive” challenge, which celebrates the fifth anniversary of the First Lady’s “Let’s Move” campaign to raise awareness about active, healthy living and combat obesity in the United States.
The full episode premieres March 16. So far, it does not look like the First Lady’s appearance ends in a push-up contest like that one time.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022