A preview clip released Thursday for an upcoming episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show shows Michelle Obama and the comedian dancing to “Uptown Funk,” the Mark Ronson song featuring Bruno Mars that has become a very popular tune to spoof on the Internet. The dance party starts at the 3:13 mark in the clip above.
In fact, the First Lady was so excited to start dancing that her mic fell off. “Is it going to stay? Because there is some hip-thrusting, so. There’s a lot of it, so…”
The dance-off was prompted by Obama’s “#GimmeFive” challenge, which celebrates the fifth anniversary of the First Lady’s “Let’s Move” campaign to raise awareness about active, healthy living and combat obesity in the United States.
The full episode premieres March 16. So far, it does not look like the First Lady’s appearance ends in a push-up contest like that one time.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up