Manny Pacquiao recently said Ronda Rousey was “strong enough to beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA,” but it doesn’t look like the UFC champ will be putting that to the test anytime soon: she says she won’t fight a man.
In an interview with The Daily Beast, Rousey said she wouldn’t be interested in a battle of the sexes à la Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs. “I don’t think it’s a great idea to have a man hitting a woman on television,” she said. She noted that it would be a particularly bad idea in light of the domestic violence situation in the NFL.
“I’ll never say that I’ll lose, but you could have a girl getting totally beat up on TV by a guy—which is a bad image to put across.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow