English fantasy author Terry Pratchett died Thursday after an ongoing battle with early onset Alzheimer’s disease. He was 66.
The author, who published more than 70 books, wrote a closing set of tweets that referenced his Discworld series. They were heartbreakingly final:
He is survived by his wife and daughter.
Read next: Fantasy Author Terry Pratchett Dead at 66
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve