In the blue gown, we have Cinderella, the legendary rags-to-riches story who has “rhymes sharper than a needle.” She doesn’t hesitate to dish out insults, and that includes mentioning Belle’s friendly relationship with a certain hairy fellow.
Not one to take things lying down, we have Belle in the yellow gown, who is her own Beast. She drops some serious shade, name-checking Cinderella’s dead mother (ouch!) and pointing out that her 1950s values are seriously retro and not in a good way (“clean the floors, do some chores, until a man just appears?”).
It’s a battle of words as the two beauties trade barbs in a masterful freestyle that ends — like any good Disney tale — with a memorable moral to the story. If only fairy tales really ended with a mic drop.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate