In the blue gown, we have Cinderella, the legendary rags-to-riches story who has “rhymes sharper than a needle.” She doesn’t hesitate to dish out insults, and that includes mentioning Belle’s friendly relationship with a certain hairy fellow.
Not one to take things lying down, we have Belle in the yellow gown, who is her own Beast. She drops some serious shade, name-checking Cinderella’s dead mother (ouch!) and pointing out that her 1950s values are seriously retro and not in a good way (“clean the floors, do some chores, until a man just appears?”).
It’s a battle of words as the two beauties trade barbs in a masterful freestyle that ends — like any good Disney tale — with a memorable moral to the story. If only fairy tales really ended with a mic drop.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy