The U.S. has 43 of the top 100 schools in an annual list of the world’s most prestigious universities.
This year the number one school in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2015 is Harvard University, followed by Cambridge University. The U.S. and the UK are the best represented nations on the list – this year the U.S. claims 43 schools on the list, down from 46 last year and the UK boasts 12, up from 10 in 2014.
While the order has changed, the top six schools always remain constant, according to The Times Higher Education. Here is this year’s top ten:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com