The U.S. has 43 of the top 100 schools in an annual list of the world’s most prestigious universities.
This year the number one school in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2015 is Harvard University, followed by Cambridge University. The U.S. and the UK are the best represented nations on the list – this year the U.S. claims 43 schools on the list, down from 46 last year and the UK boasts 12, up from 10 in 2014.
While the order has changed, the top six schools always remain constant, according to The Times Higher Education. Here is this year’s top ten:
- Harvard University
- Cambridge University
- University of Oxford
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- Princeton University
- Yale University
- California Institute of Technology
- Columbia University
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022