The real deal won’t go on sale until late April, but Apple Watch knockoffs are already popping up in China’s gadget black market.
The fake devices, ranging from $30 and up, were spotted Wednesday on Taobao.com, a Chinese website for online shopping. The real Apple Watch sells for $350-$17,000.
But don’t expect the Apple Watch listings to stay up for long: the e-commerce site has been sued in the past by luxury goods makers for not doing enough to stop users from buying and selling fake watches.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time