A Washington man was caught on camera Sunday running down a sidewalk carrying a toddler in his arms, in what police say was an attempted kidnapping.
In a video captured by a local store in Sprague, Wash., the toddler’s two young siblings are seen chasing after the alleged kidnapper, screaming for help. Two teenagers later joined the chase after the man, who eventually set the boy down and ran off.
The boy, 22 months old, wasn’t hurt, the AP reports.
“I can’t explain the feeling, the anxiety and everything that goes into finding out your children is missing or something has happened to them,” the boy’s father, Michael Wright, told KXLY-TV of Spokane.
Wright left his three children with a babysitter Sunday while he went to work. The three kids, aged 10, 8, and the toddler, were playing unsupervised in a city park near the babysitter’s house.
Local authorities have no leads in the case.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now