A Washington man was caught on camera Sunday running down a sidewalk carrying a toddler in his arms, in what police say was an attempted kidnapping.
In a video captured by a local store in Sprague, Wash., the toddler’s two young siblings are seen chasing after the alleged kidnapper, screaming for help. Two teenagers later joined the chase after the man, who eventually set the boy down and ran off.
The boy, 22 months old, wasn’t hurt, the AP reports.
“I can’t explain the feeling, the anxiety and everything that goes into finding out your children is missing or something has happened to them,” the boy’s father, Michael Wright, told KXLY-TV of Spokane.
Wright left his three children with a babysitter Sunday while he went to work. The three kids, aged 10, 8, and the toddler, were playing unsupervised in a city park near the babysitter’s house.
Local authorities have no leads in the case.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time