Esther Okade is only 10 years old, but she’s already the top freshman in her college class, CNN reports.
The British-Nigerian math prodigy is enrolled at Open University, a distance learning college and hails from the industrial town Walsall in England’s Midlands. She told CNN, “I actually wanted to start when I was seven. But my mum was like, “you’re too young, calm down.”
Okade told the Birmingham Mail that she hopes to get a PhD and run her own business someday:
When she isn’t studying for exams, CNN reports that she writes math workbooks for children called “Yummy Yummy Algebra,” while her family works to open “Shakespeare Academy,” a nursery school and primary school in Nigeria’s Delta region.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time