An ad for Samsung’s Turkey branch called “Hearing Hands” shows the people of Bagcilar, a suburban district of Istanbul, learning sign language so that a deaf resident, a man named Muharrem, could communicate more easily with the members of his community for one day in December 2014.
Debuted by the advertising blog DigitalSynopsis.com, the spot is a promotion for Samsung’s video conferencing service designed for the hearing-impaired. The video has racked up more than 5.5 million views since it was uploaded on March 3.
Read next: Your Dog Needs This $30,000 Hot Tub Palace
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time