Amazon on Wednesday announced a new online store that will highlight up-and-coming brands including Kickstarter successes like Jackery phone chargers and Zackees turn signal gloves.
Named “Amazon Exclusives,” the store features sellers that have decided to only feature products through Amazon, their own websites, and physical retailers.
Amazon’s goal is to bring attention to new brands that are outside of the mainstream. “We understand that helping brands gain exposure for their award-winning new products is beneficial to customers that desire to be the first to have the hot new item,” said Peter Faricy, VP of Amazon Marketplace.
Those “hot new items” appear to include stand-up paddle boards and a pair of paisley-printed shoes with a zombie girl, both of which are among the few brands featured prominently on Amazon Exclusives.
Amazon says it will continue to add new items from startup companies as the marketplace grows.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time