Amazon on Wednesday announced a new online store that will highlight up-and-coming brands including Kickstarter successes like Jackery phone chargers and Zackees turn signal gloves.
Named “Amazon Exclusives,” the store features sellers that have decided to only feature products through Amazon, their own websites, and physical retailers.
Amazon’s goal is to bring attention to new brands that are outside of the mainstream. “We understand that helping brands gain exposure for their award-winning new products is beneficial to customers that desire to be the first to have the hot new item,” said Peter Faricy, VP of Amazon Marketplace.
Those “hot new items” appear to include stand-up paddle boards and a pair of paisley-printed shoes with a zombie girl, both of which are among the few brands featured prominently on Amazon Exclusives.
Amazon says it will continue to add new items from startup companies as the marketplace grows.
Read next: You’re Not Going to Believe How Amazon Is Going to Speed Up Delivery
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk