A South African television journalist was mugged on Tuesday night while preparing for a live broadcast in Johannesburg.
Vuyo Mvoko, South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) contributing editor, was reporting on the arrival of Zambian President Edgar Lungu at Milpark Hospital, reports 9News.
The video shows two men approach Vuyo, who was seconds away from going on air, and proceed to rob him and the news crew of their phones and laptop in full view of the rolling cameras.
“They took about two or three phones, the laptop that we’re using to do the crossing, and they just disappeared,” said Mvoko in an interview.
Police were notified and are investigating the robbery.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body