A South African television journalist was mugged on Tuesday night while preparing for a live broadcast in Johannesburg.
Vuyo Mvoko, South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) contributing editor, was reporting on the arrival of Zambian President Edgar Lungu at Milpark Hospital, reports 9News.
The video shows two men approach Vuyo, who was seconds away from going on air, and proceed to rob him and the news crew of their phones and laptop in full view of the rolling cameras.
“They took about two or three phones, the laptop that we’re using to do the crossing, and they just disappeared,” said Mvoko in an interview.
Police were notified and are investigating the robbery.
Read next: A Village in Italy Just Got 8 Feet of Snow in 1 Day
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement