Just in time for the new live-action remake of Cinderella, the YouTube channel known for its “honest trailers” has tackled the animated version from 1950.
“Revisit the animated classic that will cancel out all the empowering things your daughter learned from Frozen,” the voiceover guy says before pointing out how sexist the entire storyline is. “Where girls are taught to be pushovers, do all the housework and that their problems will disappear if they’re hot enough to land a rich husband.”
The trailer also points out that Cinderella’s fairy godmother “waited years to improve Cinderella’s life in any way, instead of helping her out when her parents died or when her step family forced her into slavery.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.