You can’t teach a old dog new tricks, but you can teach a pig all kinds of canine moves.
Amy the six-month-old pig is quickly becoming the top dog in her obedience class full of pooches, reports The Seattle Times
Along with the commands and tricks, the 45-lb swine has also learned more advanced challenges like the chutes, teeter-totters, jumps and balance beams.
The Family Dog Training Center was happy to take Amy into their puppy class, as long as she was housebroken. Luckily the pig was, and she has been learning ever since.
While the pig’s participation may seem odd to onlookers, Amy’s owner Lori Stock isn’t surprised her pig is a teacher’s pet.
“Amy is outgoing, affectionate and darn cute,” the owner said.
Amy currently attends class twice a week, and Stock plans to keep training the pig. When the tiny oinker isn’t outshining her fellow pupils, she is training at home and enjoying her own personal playroom.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate