In the world of Pixar’s Inside Out, our long-term memories are mazes and our dreams are made in a Hollywood-esque production studio. The new trailer for the film, about the personified emotions inside a young girl’s head, shows how Joy (Amy Poehler) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith) encounter these brain lands as they go on adventure to make things right for Riley after a fight that impacts the girl’s core memories.
So now we have a better sense of how a movie that takes place internally actually works. That, and there are some San Francisco jokes. “There are no bears in San Francisco,” Disgust, played by Mindy Kaling, says. “I saw a really hairy guy. He looked like a bear,” Anger (the perfectly cast Lewis Black) responds.
And we learn the impact of brain freeze.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving