In the world of Pixar’s Inside Out, our long-term memories are mazes and our dreams are made in a Hollywood-esque production studio. The new trailer for the film, about the personified emotions inside a young girl’s head, shows how Joy (Amy Poehler) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith) encounter these brain lands as they go on adventure to make things right for Riley after a fight that impacts the girl’s core memories.
So now we have a better sense of how a movie that takes place internally actually works. That, and there are some San Francisco jokes. “There are no bears in San Francisco,” Disgust, played by Mindy Kaling, says. “I saw a really hairy guy. He looked like a bear,” Anger (the perfectly cast Lewis Black) responds.
And we learn the impact of brain freeze.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.