In the world of Pixar’s Inside Out, our long-term memories are mazes and our dreams are made in a Hollywood-esque production studio. The new trailer for the film, about the personified emotions inside a young girl’s head, shows how Joy (Amy Poehler) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith) encounter these brain lands as they go on adventure to make things right for Riley after a fight that impacts the girl’s core memories.
So now we have a better sense of how a movie that takes place internally actually works. That, and there are some San Francisco jokes. “There are no bears in San Francisco,” Disgust, played by Mindy Kaling, says. “I saw a really hairy guy. He looked like a bear,” Anger (the perfectly cast Lewis Black) responds.
And we learn the impact of brain freeze.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time