British tech comedian Tom Scott is out with a new sci-fi satire video about The Bubble, hypothetical software that could filter out what you don’t want to see online before you even see it.
The Bubble works as a virtual private network operating 1,000 times faster than your brain to block what offends you, according to Scott’s video.
While some commenters on the video want the imagined technology to come to life, others argued more seriously that it might be a dangerous way for people to block out controversial opinions.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up