British tech comedian Tom Scott is out with a new sci-fi satire video about The Bubble, hypothetical software that could filter out what you don’t want to see online before you even see it.
The Bubble works as a virtual private network operating 1,000 times faster than your brain to block what offends you, according to Scott’s video.
While some commenters on the video want the imagined technology to come to life, others argued more seriously that it might be a dangerous way for people to block out controversial opinions.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief