Warner Bros. has dropped the first full trailer for upcoming disaster movie San Andreas.
Starring Dwayne Johnson as a rescue helicopter pilot and Carla Gugino as his estranged wife, the film follows the couple from Los Angeles to San Francisco in order to save their daughter after the San Andreas Fault suffers a magnitude-9 earthquake.
But as the scientist played by Paul Giamatti tells them, the worst is yet to come.
“People need to know that the shaking is not over,” he says. “We are going to get hit again and it’s going to be a bigger monster.”
Cue shots of Los Angeles crumbling, the Hollywood sign crashing to the ground and a tsunami about to engulf the Golden Gate Bridge.
The film reunites director Brad Peyton and producer Beau Flynn following their collaboration on Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.
Also starring is Alexandra Daddario (True Detective), Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer), Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife), Hugo Johnstone-Burt (Home and Away) and Art Parkinson (Game of Thrones).
San Andreas hits theaters May 29.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up