Even if you don’t plan to spend $17,000 on a gold Apple Watch, Apple is offering plenty of other opportunities to pay exorbitant prices for smartwatch accessories.
Apple Watch bands range in price from $50 for sports bands to $450 for a stainless steel link bracelet. The high-end link is made of more than 100 components and requires nine hours to cut the links that from each strap. All that time and effort apparently makes it very, very expensive.
For those looking to splurge but not totally break the bank, there are also Apple Watch leather bands available costing $150 or $250.
Apple is also charging $30 for an extra Apple Watch charging cable, or $40 for the longer version. Don’t expect to stop paying the Apple premium for devices and accessories any time soon.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time