Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff have been dating for three years, but don’t expect them to get married anytime soon.
The actress and producer, 28, revealed to Ellen DeGeneres that she doesn’t intend to wed until gay marriage is legal in all 50 states.
“Well, it’s something that … the idea of having a celebration that can’t be fully shared among all the people in my life and all the people that we love just doesn’t really feel like a celebration at all,” Dunham shared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday.
“So, until that’s something that everyone can join into with no sense of being left out on any level, politically, emotionally, it’s just not something that we’re gonna do,” she said.
Earlier this year, Dunham and Antonoff were dogged by engagement rumors when she stepped out wearing a ring on her engagement finger. However, it was just a friendship ring she shared with her friend and co-executive producer on Girls, Jenni Konner.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer